Introduction and definitions
References to Precigen , Inc. (“Precigen” or “we”) shall be deemed to include references to its affiliates and subsidiaries, which include MBP Titan LLC.
- “Cookies” refers to small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can be used to remember certain information about you in order to customize the information you see during visits to a website and/or to collect information about your visit;
- “Personal Data” refers to your personal information such as but not limited to your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, resumé, etc., that can be used to identify you; and
- “Third Parties” refers to third party vendors who support Precigen in the frame of its business activities, and other companies with which Precigen does business.
Collection of Personal Data via our Website
Contact requests. In order to submit contact requests on Precigen’s website, you must provide certain personal information, including name, email, company affiliation, and phone number. We use this information to contact you about your request or inquiry.
Registration. Should you choose to register with us, you may need to complete certain fields (some being required, others optional), and/or to choose a user name and password. If you choose to withhold any Personal Data, which is required by us, it will not be possible for you to register with us and/or to obtain a response from us to your query.
Job applications. When you apply for a job on Intrexon’s website, you will need to provide us relevant information for us to be able to process and respond to your application.
Disclaimer for website visitors from the European Economic Area: By using this website, and in particular, by submitting your Personal Data through a contact form on Precigen’s website or by applying for a job with one of the European subsidiaries of Precigen through our website, you acknowledge the processing of your Personal Data by a data controller located in the United States (as this is where this website is hosted and operated by the Precigen Corporation), even though U.S. legislation may not provide sufficient protection of your Personal Data according to the European Commission. If you do not want your Personal Data to be collected directly by a data controller in the U.S., you are free to not use this website and, in particular, the contact form.
Uses of Personal Data
If you post your Personal Data as a job applicant, your Personal Data will be used for:
(i) recruitment, staffing and employment purposes;
(ii) reference and profile matching purposes with a view to staff job vacancies; and
(iii) informing you of future job opportunities.
Should your application be successful, your data shall be processed for and included in your employment file.
When you visit Precigen’s website or when you choose to submit information through the contact and registration forms on our website, we collect, store, and process your contact and registration information on servers that we maintain in the United States for the following purposes:
(i) to operate the website, in particular, to manage your registration for and login into your account;
(iii) to respond to inquiries and requests for information that you submit through the site;
(iv) to send you our email newsletter; and
(iv) to improve our services and our website, including to draw visitor statistics.
Disclaimer for website visitors from the European Economic Area:
- For the purposes described above, the Precigen, Inc., located in the United States, is the data controller, even if you are visiting this website to find more information on or to apply for a job with one of Precigen’s European subsidiaries.
- The processing of your Personal Data by Precigen, for the purposes of operating the website, responding to inquiries and requests and improving its website and services is based on Precigen’s legitimate interests in ensuring the achievement of these purposes.
- The processing of your Personal Data by Precigen for the purpose of sending to you our newsletter is based on your consent which we ask for in the course of registering for your account. If you do not provide your consent we will not use your data to send you the newsletter. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by using the below contact information. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Your data will be stored for as long as required to achieve the before mentioned purposes. In particular, we may store your data provided for account registration until you delete your account or unsubscribe, time constraints on the use of the account expire or in the case you do not actively use your account anymore for a considerable time.
- The processing of your Personal Data by Precigen to process your job application is based on the necessity to take steps at your request prior to entering an employment contract.
- The processing of your Personal Data by Precigen for the purpose of informing you of future job opportunities and, in order to be able to do this, to store your data in a recruitment database, is based on your prior consent which we will ask for separately in the course of the recruitment process. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by using the below contact information. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- If no employment relationship is established, the data collected from you within the scope of the application procedure will be deleted within 6 months after completion of the application procedure. However, this does not apply if you have given your consent to store your data in our recruitment data base. In this case we store your data for a period of up to 5 years after granting your consent and storing your data in the data base. If an employment relationship is established, we transfer your data – if relevant – to our personnel database and store it for the purposes of the employment relationship in accordance with our data protection storage and deletion processes, of which we will inform you separately as part of your employment.
- As far as Cookies are concerned, see below for more information, including applicable retention periods.
- Your data will be deleted after the above storage periods, except where any further storage is necessary for complying with legal obligation applicable to us (such as statutory retention periods) or purposes of establishing, exercising and/or defending legal claims.
Sharing of Information
We may provide your Personal Data that we collect and the data generated by Cookies to the extent necessary for the above mentioned processing purposes to a parent, subsidiary or affiliate entity within the Precigen corporate family, partner entities, and the vendors and service agencies that we may engage to assist us.
We may also occasionally provide your contact information to Third Parties who provide services to us (e.g. IT service providers who act as data processors), although we will only do so on the condition that they also protect the confidentiality of your information. We may also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Precigen or its employees or customers.
It may be that some of the above mentioned recipients are based in countries outside the European Union (“Third Countries”). Where recipients are based in Third Countries which do not provide a level of data protection as considered adequate to the European Union, we have implemented appropriate safeguards according to applicable data protection laws ensuring that the data processed by such recipients is adequately protected with a level of data protection comparable to the European Union.
In addition to using the IP address of your computer to maintain communications with you as you move about Precigen’s site, we also may use your IP address to personalize content provided on the website or to track and categorize the users of our site. We may retain your IP address and we may retain it together with other Personal Data. Precigen reserves the right to use the data it collects on use of its website in any manner consistent with applicable U.S. law.
Additional Cookies information for website visitors from the European Economic Area:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose of the Cookie||Name of the Cookie||Own Cookie / third party Cookie||Storage period of Cookie data|
|Necessary / technical Cookies||This Cookie is indispensable for the functioning of our website contact form and allows you to submit a contact inquiry. If you refuse these Cookies, certain parts of the website will not work, or will not work optimally. See here for more information: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en; https://policies.google.com/terms?hl=en||reCAPTCHA||2 minutes|
|Analytical Cookies||This Cookie allows us to recognize the visitors of our website, to count the number of visitors and to identify the way in which they navigate. This allows us to improve the user navigation and to ensure that visitors can faster and easier find what they need.||
||2 years 1 minute 24 hours|
All major internet browsers offer the option to manage the Cookies that were installed on your computer or mobile device.
In case you do not want this website to place Cookies on your computer or mobile device, which includes a data transfer to the U.S., you may limit or delete such Cookies easily by adjusting your browser or mobile settings. In addition, you can set you browser or mobile settings in such a way that you get a notification every time you receive a Cookie on your computer or mobile device, so that you can decide whether you wish to accept this Cookie or not.
Please note that when you disable certain Cookies of which we are making use, the possibility exists that certain parts of our website will no longer function properly and you will no longer enjoy an optimal user experience.
It is your responsibility to inform us of any required update to your Personal Data held in Precigen’s system.
Legal rights of website visitors from the European Economic Area
Website visitors from the European Economic Area whose Personal Data we process have (under the conditions laid down by EU data protection laws) the right to:
- information about and access to their Personal Data;
- rectify their Personal Data;
- erasure of their Personal Data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- restriction of processing of their Personal Data;
- object to the processing of their Personal Data;
- receive their Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to (have) transmit(ted) their Personal Data to another organization; and
- lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority relating to the processing of your personal data by us.
To learn more about these rights, and circumstances under which you can exercise them, feel free to contact us as indicated below.
In principle you may exercise these rights free of charge. Only where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge a reasonable fee. We aim to respond as quickly as possible to your requests or questions. We might request a proof of identity in advance in order to double-check your request.
We do not carry out any decision making based solely on automated processing of Personal Data collected under this policy, including profiling.
Precigen, Inc. is considered the data controller and is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data. Precigen may be contacted by mail at 20374 Seneca Meadows Parkway, Germantown, Maryland 20876; by phone at (301) 556-9900; or via its website at https://precigen.com. If you have questions or concerns about the collection or use of your Personal Data or other information by MBP Titan’s website, please contact MBPinfo@mbptitan.com.